6-Foot Snake Undergoes Surgery To Remove Towel

Snake x-ray

Snake x-ray

CBS Miami

TAMPA (CBSMiami) – When Killer, a six-foot-long boa constrictor, went-in for the kill, he ended up having to go-in for surgery in order to remove the towel he accidentally ate.

The male snake, according to BluePearl Veterinary Partners, accidentally swallowed the large towel while eating a rat.

To remove the towel, Killer had to undergo surgery which was performed by doctors at BluePearl, headquartered in Tampa.

The towel was successfully removed and Killer is expected to make a full recovery.

The towel was successfully removed from the 6-foot snake. (Source: BluePearl Veterinary Partners) The towel was successfully removed from the 6-foot snake. (Source: BluePearl Veterinary Partners)

Snake swallowed towel. (Source: BluePearl Veterinary Partners) Snake swallowed towel. (Source: BluePearl Veterinary Partners)

View original post

Radiation treatment for mouth tumor in african lion

Tsavo the lion receives treatment to remove orange size tumor – © AP

Assistant professor of radiation oncology Dr. Nathan Lee prepares an African lion named Tsavo for cancer treatment at the University of Tennessee’s Veterinary Medical Center in Knoxville, Tenn. The 11-year-old big cat is undergoing radiation treatment for a large tumor near its mouth. This was the fourth, and last, of Tsavo’s radiation treatments. At his first visit, the tumor measured 10 centimeters — about the size of an orange. At this one, it measured about 6 centimeters, smaller than a lime. With any luck, the radiation has killed the cancer’s DNA so that the tumor will continue to shrink over the next four weeks. If not, Tsavo will have surgery to remove it.

Source: http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/09/12644085-tsavo-the-lion-receives-treatment-to-remove-orange-size-tumor

 

Golden Retriever ate decorative plastic grapes

At Falls Road Veterinary Hospital (Potomac, MD, USA) there was recorded case of the Golden Retriever who ate decorative plastic grapes off of the kitchen table (see x-ray image). In this case of the ingested plastic grape the patient was taken surgery and they were removed. The patient made a full recovery. 8 year old male.

Decorative plastic grapes in intestine

Decorative plastic grapes in intestine